Wednesday 11 July 2012

SUMMERLICIOUS

 Shirt: H&M (find it here)
Shorts: H&M (find a similar one here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
 Necklace: Ardene (find a similar one here)
Lipstick: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Kiss Me Coral (find it here)
Sandals: Monastiraki Flea Market, Athens (find a similar pair here)

Hi all :) This week I was back in downtown Toronto for Adventure Thursday (which is again taking place on a Wednesday because of my schedule). Joining me for my outing was my sister Zoe, as well as my great friends Alyssa and Lauren. As usual, our afternoon started off with a little shopping (I just can't help myself) and I ended up finding some good sales! I got a delicious yellow sweater from Banana Republic (think of an over-sized, preppy, 1950s-type look), an adorable white lace dress which will be perfect for Osheaga next month and a super-sexy pair of black heels. We were also going to check out the farmer's market in Nathan Phillips Square, but it was all shut down by the time we got there...oh well, next time.

While we were brainstorming adventure ideas, my friend and I decided to try out a new restaurant as part of Toronto's Summerlicious promotion. Summerlicious is an initiative run by the city, where some of the nicest restaurants create a prix fixe menu so that mere mortals like us can try out their food. It usually includes an app, an entree and dessert for twenty-five, thirty-five or forty-five dollars. It's a pretty sweet deal, so if you're in the area I would definitely recommend testing it out (check out the website here)!

Since we all love Thai food, we made a reservation at the Bangkok Garden (find the website here). According to the website, they specialize in creating authentic Thai dishes in a unique atmosphere and they did not disappoint! Not only was the decor beautiful (picture a river filled with coi fish and bronze Buddha statues all around), but the food was super yummy. I got the seafood stir fry and it was sooo spicy and delicious. My sister and I went splitsies (read: the universal sibling code of ordering two meals and then splitting them so you get to try both options), so I also had the spicy curry pad thai! Yum. What a lovely way to spend a day!

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment