Thursday 5 July 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Tank Top: H&M (find it here)
 Leggings: Dynamite (find it here)
Scarf: H&M (find a similar one here)
 Lipstick: Revlon Lasting Finish Lipstick #084 (find it here)
Flats: Payless Shoes (find them here
Glasses: Fendi (find them here)
Hi everyone! I thought that I'd do a quick OOTD post today. I usually do an Adventure Thursday post on Fridays, but I'm feeling so pooped from work that I'm going to spend the day catching up on sleep and visiting my godparents instead :) They have three of the cutest little girls, so I'm sure it'll turn into an adventure of its own! I will be going downtown on Friday, however, to watch my friend's band play their first big gig at the Hard Rock Cafe (exciting!), so look out for a post about that over the weekend.
The outfit that I wore yesterday was super simple and comfortable. After work, I went to a pub near my house to grab a drink with my friend, so the atmosphere was laid back and casual. I'm always hesitant to post an outfit containing leggings-as-pants, but it can be such a cute look when done right. When you wear leggings, you should always remember two things. Firstly, they are made from a much more casual material than pants or jeans, so you should only wear them in informal settings. Secondly, nobody wants to see your crotch. Well...maybe some people do, but hopefully they aren't the ones that you're dressing to please ;) No matter what, make sure that the hem of your shirt falls low enough to hide yo' business. I got this light pink top at H&M and it's perfect to wear with shorts or leggings because it's extra long. Something about baby pink seems so summery too!
To accessorize, I threw on my floral H&M scarf and my sparkly gold flats. It was such a scorcher today that I couldn't stand the thought of a sweater or jacket. Ahhh summertime... I also wore my Fendi glasses, which have become one of those staple pieces that I wear all of the time. I have other glasses frames, but none seem to suit me like these puppies :)
 
I'll leave you all with these pretty pictures that I took in my backyard. Since my parents are away and I've been working so much, I hadn't been down to the garden in a couple of weeks. When I went back there today to take my pictures, everything looked so pretty and overgrown! It was like Secret Garden (minus the cholera outbreak and spoiled children).

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment