Monday 23 July 2012

BOOTCAMP 2 BIGTIME 2012

Hi everyone :) I'm so excited to share last week's Adventure Thursday with all of you! My sister's boyfriend Dave is a model with Elmer Olsen Model Management in Toronto and he invited us to join him for this year's Bootcamp 2 Bigtime event. Basically, Elmer Olsen has an annual party where all of their newest models are introduced to designers, scouts and other members of the fashion industry. Since Dave knows that I'm always looking for cool thing to blog about (thanks Dave!), he invited me and my friend Alyssa to tag along. This year's event was held at This Is London and we all had such a blast!
 Jeans: Levi's Curve ID (find them here)
Shirt: H&M (find it here)
Shoes: Nine West (find them here)
Bag: H&M (find a similar one here)
Bangles: Gift from my mom (find a similar one here) 
Lipstick: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Kiss Me Coral (find it here)

I really love the look of jeans and heels, so I decided to wear my favourite black Levi's jeans to the event. I had been searching and searching for the perfect pair of black heeled sandals - I already have a pair of black pumps and black work heels, but I wanted to indulge a little in a sexier pair - and I finally found them at Nine West! They were originally a little out of my budget, but the store had a sale so I bought them at a reduced price :) I love the thickness of the straps and the way that they have patent and matte leather mixed together. They're even pretty comfy for such high heels, although I did cheat and wear Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats (I'll do a post about these babies later this week) for the walk to and from the event.

To add little oomph to the outfit, I wore my new cream blouse from H&M. The texture is slightly translucent so you can see the outline of your bra underneath. Normally I am not a fan of visible bra straps (or bra cups for that matter), but I think that the long sleeves and high collar of this shirt make it modest enough that the peek-a-boo effect is sexy rather than slutty. Last but not least, I threw on my favourite red lipstick and my small leather H&M bag. I love crossbody bags for evening events, because you don't have to worry about forgetting your clutch or checking your bag.
I am fully aware of how tacky it is to take bathroom pictures, but This Is London had such a sweet 'ladies spa' that I couldn't help but share it with you guys! The whole place was done up in a Marie Antoinette-style decor and had everything from straightening irons to makeup chairs to chaises longues! A girl could get lost in there :D

During the event, there was a large projector screen with photos of the models (Dave made an appearance mid-way through!) that rotated throughout the evening. Around midnight, they did a catwalk to introduce all of the new additions. I've never seen so many tall, skinny, beautiful people in one room! Even in my tallest heels, I was still about shoulder-height on most of the girls, lol.

Wishing you high heels and hot models!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment