Friday 29 June 2012

DOWNTOWN DAY

Sweater Dress: H&M (find it here)
Bangle: Homemade (find the tutorial here)
Sandals: Monastiraki Flea Market, Athens (find a similar pair here)
Bag: Marche aux Puces Clignancourt, Paris (find a similar one here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)

Hi everyone :) This week I went on my Adventure Thursday a day early because my shifts got switched around at work, so we had a Wednesday adventure instead. This week I decided to go downtown and visit my sister for the day. I really miss the days when we were little and we got to spend the whole summer playing together and having fun - now that we're 'grown ups' who live in different cities, it seems like we hardly have time to visit.

Since the day was overcast and a little cooler than the scorching summer days that we've been having recently, I decided to wear my new H&M sweater dress. The material is so light that it's suitable for warm summer days, but it will also transition well into winter and fall with a pair of tights and some boots. I love versatile clothing that you can pretty much wear all year long by adding/removing layers! Since the dress is quite short, I paired it with a pair of flat sandals. When you are styling short skirts, it's important to focus on proportion. You want to balance out the length of the skirt with the material, fit and style. For example, the long sleeves and loose cut of this dress are a great way to keep it from being hoochy. 
The Danforth
 Libretto
 Zoe and Dave <3
 Zoe at the restaurant
 Me at the restaurant :)
After meeting my sister at her house, we took the subway to the Greek part of Toronto known as the Danforth. Oddly enough, we were actually headed for an Italian restaurant called Libretto. My sister recently started a new job at a competing pizza joint - both restaurants specialize in authentic Neapolitan pizza - so we decided to check out the opposition lol. We ordered a traditional Margherita pizza and then a funky eggplant one as well. Yummy! It was so delicious, I would definitely suggest having lunch there if you are in the area.

After lunch, Zoe and I met up with her boyfriend Dave and headed over to the Eatons Centre for some shopping. We had planned to walk through the lovely outdoor shops downtown and enjoy the summer weather, but the rain foiled our plans and we headed for the mall :) I ended up buying a new loose powder from Makeup Forever to try out, as well as a necklace from Forever 21. It was sooo lovely to get to relax and spend the day with my sister. Can't wait to do it again!

What's your summer adventure?
Talk soon,
Vi

1 comment:

  1. MAN THAT GUY DAVE HAS INSANELY GOOD TATSE IN FOOTWEAR!

    ReplyDelete