Thursday 3 May 2012

STYLE PROFILE: MIRANDA KERR

Why I Love Her: It's time for another one of my fashion girl-crushes! Since Miranda Kerr is a fashion model, it's her job to be dressed in fabulous, luxurious clothing. However, it's her red carpet style and, even more so, her street style that capture my heart. Something about Kerr's look always seems so effortless. When she's photographed out and about with her baby/friends/husband, she looks cool and fresh - and never overdressed. Moreover, she embraces her figure and styles her clothing to suit her silhouette. Now, now, I know what you're thinking...it's not hard to dress your figure when you happen to be a Victoria's Secret model, but even the prettiest figure can be unflattered by the wrong clothes. Finally, Kerr uses red carpet events as an opportunity to take fashion risks, like the Marchesa ballerina dress (bottom right) that she wore to the 2011 Met Gala.

Best Style Moment: My favourite fashion moment has got to be the black Collette Dinnigan dress that Kerr wore to the AJC Australian Derby (above left). She paired it with a Prada clutch, YSL stilettos and an amazing veiled hat. Oh yeah. And Orlando Bloom.

Worst Style Moment: I really had to search for an outfit that I disliked! While she hasn't worn anything that I can't stand, I wasn't the biggest fan of the brown silk gown she wore to the 2012 AACT Awards in Sydney. Strangely enough, it was also designed by Collette Dinnigan and paired with Prada shoes. Just goes to show that it's all in the way you wear it!

Defining Style Attributes: Skinny leg pants with super high heels, daringly tight gowns and casual maxi dresses. Love it!

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment