Sunday 29 April 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Leggings: Dynamite (find it here)
Shirt: American Apparel (find it here)
Scarf: Marche aux Puces Clignancourt, Paris (find a similar one here)
Cardigan: Club Monaco (find a similar one here
Shoes: Ecco (find a similar pair here)

Hey everyone! This is the outfit that I wore yesterday to my friend's movie watching Avengers marathon. Are you guys excited for the new Avengers movie? I love comic book movies and I managed to last through Iron Man, The Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor before I reached my movie watching limit :)

I wanted to wear something casual and comfortable because we'd be sitting for so long, so I opted for a pair of leggings. Now, I'd had some initial hesitations about posting this look because people tend to really take the leggings trend and run with it. Let me just say, leggings can be a super cute and comfy look as long as they're worn appropriately. Leggings pants . They don't have the dexterity to handle the everyday life of a pair of pants. When you bend over in even the thickest pair of leggings, they don't properly hold their opacity. And I won't even mention the most obvious problem. But it rhymes with schmameltoe...To avoid these pitfalls, remember to wear a shirt that's long enough to cover the crotch of your pants. Try buying a simple t-shirt in a bigger size, so it has a slouchy, relaxed look and also falls to an appropriate length.

Since the weather still isn't warm enough to go out with bare arms, I threw on my favourite navy sweater from Banana Republic (in my last OOTD I think I said that I bought it at Club Monaco, but I actually bought it at Banana - oops!) and the blue and white scarf that I bought on my trip to Paris a couple of years ago. I actually bought this scarf from the same place where I bought my leather satchel - if you ever get the chance to go to Paris, I would highly recommend stopping by Marche aux Puces Clingancourt!

Have a lovely rest-of-the-weekend!!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment