Monday 16 April 2012

NATURE WALK AND PUPPY LOVE

Top: H&M (find a similar one here)
 Jeans: Levi's Curve ID (find them here)
Scarf: Joe Fresh (find a similar one here)
Earrings: Joe Fresh (find a similar pair here)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters (find a similar pair here
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (find them here)

A couple of days ago, my friend Lauren and I decided to take advantage of the lovely spring weather and go for a walk in the conservation area near our houses. I wore my black Levi's skinny jeans (as usual, lol) with a new striped shirt that I got at H&M. I think the key to wearing horizontal stripes is finding ones that are spaced properly. Thin, closely-spaced stripes seem to be more flattering than thicker, bolder stripes. What do you think? 

It was so nice and warm that I ended up carrying my coat most of the time! Since we were going to be doing a lot of walking, I wore my green canvas sneakers for comfort and colour alike. Canvas shoes are a great alternative to ballet flats during the spring and summer, especially if you are going for a more laid back, sporty look.

It was also Lauren's puppy's first time in 'the wild'. Olive was so excited to sniff around at all the new plants and she managed to (more or less) keep her cool around all the big dogs that she met :) Check out this hilarious video of us trying to coax her down to the riverbank to check out the water. She was not having any of it.
 
I'm so happy that spring has finally sprung. It's so nice to see all of the little flowers poking up through the ground after the winter months. That said, we got off pretty easily this winter - I still can't believe how mild it was! Here are some more pictures from our walk. 
Signs of spring everywhere!
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment