Tuesday 13 March 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Skirt: H&M (find a similar one here) 
Shirt: Gap (find a similar one here)
Tights: H&M (find a similar pair here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Shoes: Tommy Hilfiger Outlet (find a similar pair here)

Hi everyone :) The weather is sooo nice today that I was finally able to bust out my flats. It's usually still pretty snowy this time of the year, but it's been warm and sunny all week (although I'm sure it'll snow again just to spite me now that I've said that). It feels so nice to get out of my boots and winter coat!

Today's outfit is a pretty simple (I feel like I say that with all of my OOTD posts, but I guess that's the way that I dress...) skirt and long-sleeve combo. I really love this light grey shirt from the Gap, because it's warm enough to keep off the spring chill, but not as heavy as a sweater. It's a great basic piece to have in your wardrobe, since you can pretty much wear it year round. Same goes for this black H&M skirt. You can wear it with tights during the fall and winter or with bare legs in the spring and summer.
 
To keep this outfit from being a complete snooze, I added these great silky red Tommy Hilfiger flats. I went shopping with my mom on the weekend at an outlet mall that's conveniently located on the way home from my grandma's nursing home and I bought two pairs of shoes (which says a lot coming from me, since I don't actually like shopping for shoes). The red Hilfiger flats were 70% off and I also found a great pair of black wedges for $20 at Payless (find them here)! I can't wait to wear them once the weather gets a little bit warmer. I had been hunting for a pair of wedges like the L.K. Bennett ones that Kate Middleton wore the day after her wedding - I love how polished and elegant they look - but I wasn't willing to pay upwards of $250 for the originals. Thank goodness for Payless ;)

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment