Wednesday 25 January 2012

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Pants: Joe Fresh (find a similar pair here)
Shoes: Vintage (find a similar pair here)
Sweater: Zara (find a similar one here)
Earrings: Aldo (find a similar pair here)
Scarf: The ROM (find a similar one here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)

Hi everyone! This is what I wore to a dinner party that I hosted a couple of weeks ago. It was so nice to catch up with all of my friends! This was my first time wearing my new white cigarette pants (read the funny story about how I found them here). I love the look of white and grey together, so I paired them with this simple v-neck sweater and added a patterned white and black scarf for a little extra oomph!

If you're nervous about wearing white on your bottom half, try adding long vertical lines to your outfit to elongate and slim your frame. Things like flowing scarves, v-necks and long sleeves all work together to draw the eye up and down, rather than from side to side.

To pull this outfit together, I put on my favourite pair of green pumps. The heel is nice and low which makes them easy to walk in, but the fun green colour and snakeskin detailing add a great pop of colour and interest to any outfit. I can't believe how long these puppies have lasted!! My mom bought these shoes to wear to my baptism when I was a year old - talk about good quality!

Last but not least, I added my favourite Tissot watch and a pair of oversized studs. A men's watch is such a great wardrobe staple for any girl's closet. Not only is it classic and elegant, but it also has the added bonus of making your wrist look delicate under its bulk. Perfect!


Talk soon,
Vi

1 comment:

  1. Great outfit! Those pants are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete