Friday 16 December 2011

WHAT'S IN MY BAG?

1. Bag
This bag is my all-time favourite! I bought it at the Marché aux Puces St-Ouen de Clignancourt in Paris. It's a big antiques market with tons of goodies - if you're doing some traveling in the area, it's definitely worth the trip! I love this leather satchel and it has so many great memories from my trip. I went to visit my friend Daniela for a week and we had an amazing time exploring the city :)

2. Change Purse 
 I think this orange leather change purse is just the coolest thing. It was a present from Daniela; I think she said that she bought it in Berlin. Daniela has such a distinct personal style, I love it! Check out her outfit in my "Snapshot Inspiration" post here. It's too small to hold all my change, so it's become part of the decor.

3. Wallet
 I'm weirdly picky about wallets. I don't know why, but I find them really hard to shop for. I found this one at the luggage store Bentley. I was walking through the mall looking for something completely different and I saw it. I love the dark green faux-crocodile print! It's also big enough to hold all my stuff. I'm a bit of a card hoarder - my wallet it packed with various library cards, movie theatre cards, discount cards and business cards (from the doctor, from my favourite restaurants, etc.) Poor thing is always bursting at the seams!

4. Makeup Bag
This Coach clutch was another gift. My friend Lauren gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I usually don't like pieces with lots of logos (things like Guess, Coach, American Eagle, etc.) but this bag is the perfect size for my makeup. Since I'm so Type A, I like to keep all of my makeup organized in my bathroom, but there are certain things that I carry with me. Here's the list:

- Chapstick: I can't stand chapped lips. Not on myself. Not on other people. You know that Subway commercial where the guy says he lost 300lbs on sandwiches? All I can focus on is how chapped his lips are. Always better safe than sorry.

- Nude Lipsick: I carry Revlon's Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude. It's perfect for quick touch ups no matter what you're wearing. Revlon's lipsticks are nice and moisturizing too and not at all sticky.

- Mirror: Pretty standard. My mom got me this pretty silver one for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's nice and small so it doesn't take up much room.

- Perfume: I got this sample of Joe Malone perfume at a department store a couple of months ago and it's made its way into my makeup bag. I actually don't really like it very much, which is why it's my emergency mini bottle - better a not-your-favourite perfume than an I-work-around-food-all-day smell.

5. Agenda
 Type A. I like making lists. Enough said.  

6. Glasses 
I wear glasses for distance, so I keep a pair of sunglasses (my beloved Ray Ban Wayfarers) in my purse. I only have one case to maximize space, so I just switch my sunglasses out for my eyeglasses whenever I need them.
 
7. Phone
 My poor old phone has really taken a beating. I get a new one in January - exciting! Any suggestions? My blackberry was the first Curve model and it's lasted me three years and many an accidental drop down the stairs.

8. Car Keys
I use my parents car to get to and from work. It's a tiny silver two-door with manual windows, no air conditioning and it sometimes struggles with hills. My baby :)

9. iPod
I don't think that anything can beat plugging your iPod into the car stereo, turning up the volume, sipping your coffee and driving to work. Best way to start your day.

Talk soon!
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment