Sunday 11 December 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Jeans: United Colours of Benetton (find a similar pair here)
Sweater: Forever 21 (find a similar one here)
Cami: Gap Pure Body Cami (find it here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Boots: Ecco (find them here)

Hello! I know it's been a while since I did an OOTD - I'm working for a catering company and the holidays are their busiest time of year. Today I stocked up on a couple of shots though, so I'll have some to post this coming week.

Today we're decorating the house for Christmas. Woo! I just stocked up the CD player with all of our Christmas selections! I LOVE decorating the house because it always gets me in a holiday frame of mind. My sister is coming home from university for a couple of days before her exams, so we'll be able to decorate the tree as a family :) I'll be sure to put up some pictures tomorrow to show you.

As for my outfit, it's a pretty simple, monochromatic look. I love the detailing on this sweater. It adds such a nice pop of texture and saves you the trouble of finding a necklace. When I originally bought it a couple of years ago, it was really trendy to wear short sweaters with your midriff showing (which actually seems to be coming back again.) Since I'm not a big fan of showing off my tummy outside of the beach or poolside, I added a plain white cami underneath for some length. The white band also works well to break up the navy-on-navy look.

As usual, I'm wearing my brown Ecco ankle boots. They are so comfy, I just can't get enough. They also have a warm lining and deep treads which is nice for cold climates like this one. I'm so clumsy that I fall enough without having to worry about snow and ice :P

Last but not least I'm wearing my new jeans, which are fast becoming favourites. I found them at the United Colours of Benetton outlet store in the Vaughn Mills mall. If you live in the Toronto area, then I would definitely recommend checking it out - it's full of great outlets and reduced-priced clothing stores. They even have a Betsy Johnson outlet! These jeans were such a great price that I couldn't resist. They have a really flattering shape as well; a straight, dark leg. This is a nice alternative for women with bigger hips or thighs who find skinny jeans difficult. Don't be afraid to alter your clothes either! I had to take up the legs about 4 inches to fit.

Talk soon!
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment