Friday 25 November 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

 Skirt: H&M (find a similar one here)
Sweater: Joe Fresh (find it here)
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Earrings: A boutique in Chora, Andros, Greece
Necklace: A vintage belt via my mom's closet (find a similar one here)
Tights: H&M 

Good morning :) As usual, I spent the day in the library studying for the LSAT...zzz. I can't wait until it's over and I can start doing interesting things again! I bought this new mustard sweater yesterday at Joe Fresh. Although it may seem like any other sweater, this is a pretty big step for me; I haven't worn mustard since the traumatic mustard-coloured sweater incident of '98. "What could that possibly entail?", you may ask. Well, when I was in grade two I won a competition to go on the local network television channel and be featured in a cake-making class at a grocery store nearby (look out!). All of the students were supposed to wear our navy blue school sweatshirts so that we would look uniform. However, my parents - rebels that they are - decided that it would be easier to pick me out of the crowd if I wore a bright colour. So instead of appearing at the grocery store clad in my school colours, I turned up in a bright mustard sweatshirt. While this may not seem overly embarrassing, I was a pretty gawky 8-year old and I stuck out like a sore thumb.

That being said, I have decided that I am grown woman and I need to get over my aversion to mustard, especially since I actually really like the colour (which probably explains why my 8-year-old self owned a mustard sweatshirt in the first place). I am happy to report that I am quite pleased with the results :)

A bright pop of colour is a great way to add interest to an outfit. I paired my sweater with a high-waisted black felt skirt for a simple, polished look. When you wear a skirt that hits mid-thigh or higher, it's usually a good idea to balance it out with a pair of opaque tights. I chose a grey pair to keep it light. You can't see them in the picture, but I wore a pair of black leather flats as well. I kept my accessories simple with a pair of gold studs and a long gold necklace. This is a good example of 'less is more'. Simple, easy to wear and chic!

Working on a "Building a Wardrobe: Earrings" as we speak :)
Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment