Sunday 30 October 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Top: Zara (find a similar one here)
Skirt: Twik, Simons (find a similar one here)
Tights: Joe Fresh 
Watch: Couturier, Tissot (find it here)
Necklace: A vintage belt via my mom's closet (find a similar one here)
Shoes: Keystone flats, Ecco (find a patent version here)

Hi everyone! Here is what I wore yesterday to go downtown Toronto and have dinner with some friends. The key to wearing a micro mini is to balance it against the rest out your outfit. I love the look of grey tights under a mini because they slenderize your legs and give you some added coverage. This taupe Zara sweater is one of my go-to pieces, because it's extra comfy and easy to wear. A neutral v-neck sweater so versatile! It's great with skirts, jeans or a pair of dress pants for fancier office-appropriate look. 

A quick tip if you find that tights ride down  - fold the top of your tights over the waistband of your skirt to keep them in place. Of course, only do this when your shirt covers the top of your skirt.

My hair was super curly yesterday because I had to change into my Halloween costume after dinner and I didn't want to have to curl my hair at someone else's house. Can you guess what I was? I must admit, I cheated this year and bought my costume instead of making something original. Here's a sneak peak. I'll put up a picture tomorrow :)

Talk soon,
Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment