Wednesday 31 August 2011

OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Hi everyone! For my first Outfit of the Day post, I decided to double up and show two very similar outfits that are versatile and great for summer and fall.


Top: Navy Sweater, Jacob Connection
Bottoms: White AE Twill Favourite Shortie, American Eagle (find it here)
Shoes: Black flats, Eccco (similar version here)

This is the outfit that I wore for my parent's 25th wedding anniversary surprise party. It was a backyard bbq at my grandfather's house on a warm(ish) June day and we had a great time catching up with family. The light-knit sweater was perfect for the evening when it cooled off a bit, but was still summery enough to pair with shorts. Light-knit sweaters are a great wardrobe staple because you can wear them year-round.

 Earrings: Aldo

Sunglasses: Original Wayfarer, Ray Ban (find it here)

Navy and white are perfect for summer because they translate well in both formal and casual situations. To accessorize, I wore a pair of oversized white and gold stud earrings, which helped pull the outfit together and add a vintage feel. I also wore my prescription sunglasses, which are a must-have for us glasses-wearers. For a cheaper version check out Claire's Glamour Girl Shades (find it here). 


Tote: Joe Fresh

For the second half of the summer I went my parent's summer house in Andros, Greece. We live in Batsi, a small beach town on the island, with scorching hot temperatures and high winds. To adapt my navy and white outfit I swapped my sweater for a fitted navy tank and my ballet flats for beach sandals (not pictured above). I also totted a navy and white canvas beach bag with me to store my towel, flip flops and wallet. Cute and practical. The key to navy and white is to avoid overly-campy nautical details like anchor decals and sailboat motifs. That way you invoke the summery nautical feel without looking like a sailor. 


Talk soon,
Vi

3 comments:

  1. You surely surprised your parents on their wedding anniversary.I am impressed by your styling sense.Its commendable.I liked the earrings and sunglasses the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great i hope your parent's liked your outfits and surprise party as well and i like the sunglasses and hand bag also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all of you had a great time and enjoy this picnic and i hope all of you had a great time.Your outfit is looking very cool.

    ReplyDelete